Wednesday 15 May 2013

Better late than never...

Have only just found the time to write this up but still wanted to share as this proved a pivotal moment in my line of enquiry...

When sharing my Initial Questions with a colleague her response was a real eye opener and helped me see things a bit more clearly.

I explained I was after a little feedback and read out my list of questions surrounding my practice, her first response was a little bit of a giggle!!! after my initial reaction of oh no! she thinks it's rubbish!!! I calmed down and listened to her response...

"Bobbie, are you feeling a little bit nervous of what the future has in store for you?".

It was at this moment I had one of those I can see clearly now moments!! I was feeling some apprehensions and looking at my questions most of them revolved around building relationships with my future students.

I decided from that moment on that there was to be an element of selfishness to my inquiry, as if I got it right I could lay a lot of these fears to rest :)

How funny that sometimes it takes someone else to see exactly what it is you are looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment