Thursday 28 February 2013

4b - I've got my SIG :)

Well this week has been enjoyable. I've spend a lot of time reading fellow students blogs. Developing my relationships with other professionals and getting my thoughts into shape.

I've whittled my head full of ideas down a fair bit thanks to fellow students and colleagues and really want to spend my time now looking at respect and enjoyment within teacher/student relationships.

This theme is relevant to my current practice and will also help set me up well for where I hope my future practice will lead me.

I've found a small group of Bapp students that share my interests and through the wonderful world of Facebook we have managed to get together to form our SIG. I'm sure we will continue to thrash out ideas, question and encourage each other as we progress through this module.

It's funny but I've really found that hearing my own ideas spoken in other people's words has made me able to access that bit of clarity that seems to constantly be on the tip of my Tongue!!!

So thank you all and I look forward to continue to develop our inquiry's together.

Just to add. This weekend I will be throwing all my thoughts and ideas at a few of my teaching contacts. I'll blog next week there ideas and responses with you all and specifically my fellow SIG's.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Bobbie, I have really enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your ideas develop. I have just started my first job as a dance teacher and am really enjoying the challenge. I feel I can learn such a lot from the students like yourself and Clare who are already established teachers. I have already decided in my next lesson to talk to the students about my rules, as I thought this was such a good idea of yours and sets out the boundaries before you start class. I am interested to see you inquiry develop and think respect and enjoyment is central to any dance class and indeed any relationship and a great topi to explore. I would be interested in joining your SIG, just not sure at the moment how to do it. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Betty. We are up and running on Facebook. I've added you to the teachers sig group :) come join the chat. Also setting up a google doc where we can share info and links etc. I'll send you the info :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi bobbies hope you are well. I am looking at dance teaching too if you could add me to your sig please that would be great :) thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bobbie, I am doing my inquiry in dance teachers and I would be really interested in joining your SIG. I think I can gain a lot from you and everybodyelse in the group. So if you could add me that would be just grand :)! x

    ReplyDelete